Monday, January 1, 2018

2017: A year in review



Happy New Years, Readers!  I hope everyone had a safe and happy end to their 2017. Here's a look at everything I read for 2017.

As always, I did the Goodreads reading challenge. I set a goal of 50, but only read 25 books. I think I may have set my ambitions way too high last year. I had put the goal at 50 because that's how many books were in my reading challenge. A link to 2017's challenge can be found here. In hindsight, this challenge was a good start to creating challenges, but too specific and unobtainable in a lot of places. It did lead to the creation of a mega challenge for 2018, however. The post for this can be found here. I'm really excited about this, as it is a collaboration with one of my dear friends, and a lot of fellow bloggers are jumping on it!

Enough about the 2018 challenge, however. Here's a look at what I read for 2017, with links to the reviews.

First up, the books I read at the request of their authors.

A Gleam of Light by TJ and ML Wolf- Review
The King's Peace by Kevin Hammond-Review
Aaru by David Meredith- Review

The Book I reread (According to Goodreads, I reread Betrayed, but I don't think I actually finished it... It also said I read Flyte twice, but that didn't actually happen.)
Marked by PC and Kristen Cast - Review

The Books I read for the 2017 challenge:

2.) A book in a series you've yet to finish -The Immortal Circus: Act Two by A.R. Kahler
3.) A free book you found on Amazon- One Tequila by Tricia O'Malley
6.) A book that's considered a classic- 1984 by George Orwell
8.) A book about royalty- The Agincourt Bride by Joanna Hickson
13.) The first book in a series you've meant to start- Magyk by Angie Sage
15.) A book about magic- The Immortal Circus: Final Act by A.R. Kahler
16.) A Historical Fiction- Queen by Right by Anne Easter Smith
19.) A Book you picked out because of the cover- The Merciless by Danielle Vega
28.) A book with a green cover- Flyte by Angie Sage
31.) A book recommended to you on Social Media- Storm Front by Jim Butcher
35.) A book that takes you somewhere you would like to live - The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor
38.) A Book That's been made into a movie/tv show- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitts
40.) A Dystopian Novel- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
45.) A book that takes place in another country- Almost a Queen by Laura Du Pre
46.) A Romance Novel- Public Secrets by Nora Roberts
48.) A Young Adult Book- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco

Books that didn't really fit anywhere else:
The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane by Colin Falconer (I may have this on the challenge, but I have my notes mixed up on if the challenge was supposed to be a book published in 1917 or 2017. It fits for 2017.)- Review
The Queen's Mary by Sarah Gristwood- Review
The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette- Review

I will say that this year I plan to read a lot more. I set my Goodreads goal at 30, but I think with the challenge if I plan ahead I'll do way more than that. I think by far my favorite book that I've read this year was Scythe by Neal Shusterman. There's a few of them that are a toss-up for the worst, but I'm not going to list them here.

Feel free to let me know what book was your favorite read of 2017 in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. My favorite would have to be Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson (which I managed to read twice since it was released on November 14th. Seriously.)

    Also really liked The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am completely shocked by your love of Oathbringer considering every time we spoke you were reading it. I can not wait fur us to compare notes on our challenge. <3

      Delete

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!