Saturday, October 28, 2017

2017 Reading Challenge update- October-



It has been way too long since I've updated on my reading challenge. I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm failing my own challenge. For those of you who don't know, I created my own reading challenge. You can see the original post here. I gave myself a lofty goal of 50 books. I'm realizing now that I set the bar way too high. It didn't help that the challenges I picked were just because I was staring at my book shelf while I wrote it. At this point, I'm not even going to get half of it done. On the bright side, I think I know what to fix for 2018, which will be in the works soon!

According to Goodreads, I've read 19 out of 50 books, which is inaccurate. It has a book on their twice, and a reread that I didn't actually finish rereading (I don't think...). Anyways, 2017 has been a bit of a bust for reading. So here's a break down of what I've read, along with links to the post.

Reading Challenge Books:

2.) A book in a series you've yet to finish- The Immortal Circus Act 2 by A.R. Kahler
6.) A book that's considered a classic- 1984 by George Orwell
8.) A book about royalty- The Agincourt Bride by Joanna Hickson
13.) The first book in a series you've been meaning to start- Magyk by Angie Sage
16.) A Historical Fiction- Queen by Right by Anne Easter Smith
19.) A book you picked out because of the cover- The Merciless by Danielle Vega
28.) A book with a green cover- Flyte by Angie Sage
35.) A book that takes place somewhere you'd like to live- The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor
38.) A Book that's been made into a movie/tv show- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
40.) A Dystopian Novel- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
46.) A Romance novel- Public Secrets by Nora Roberts
48.) A Young Adult Book- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco

Author requests:

Aaru by David Meredith
The King's Peace by Kevin Hammond
A Gleam of Light by T.J. & M.L. Wolf

Reread:

Marked by P.C. and Kristen Cast

Going forward for the rest of 2017, I'll probably try to get a couple of more books knocked out, but I'm not really expecting a lot. I think in the mean time I'm going to focus on making 2018's challenge better, because I know I have some interest there. I think this one was too long, and to specific. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!