Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 Reading Challenge, A Year in Reviews



Happy New Year, readers! I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays. Since we just moved out of state, my holidays were pretty uneventful. 2019 was a big year for us. We moved to Minnesota and I graduated. I also got hired at my job full time from being a temp. Excited to see what 2020 brings.

For my reading goal, I had set 50 books on the Goodreads Challenge. I fell short at 36. Technically, it was 38, but one of the books was a trilogy set and only counted as one on Goodreads. I did okay on the reading challenge. I was able to get one full level filled out. I almost had level two filled, and then had sporadic books on three, four, and five. I ended up getting into my usual Kindle Unlimited Tunnel, where I found a series I couldn't put down. A lot of these didn't end up fitting on the challenge. Originally I only had one or two listed, but went through the list today and found some spots for more. Cheating? Maybe. Do I care? Not really.

I upped my goal on Goodreads for 2020 to 60, that way I can finish the entire list. My hope is that with being out of school I'll be able to read more. I followed Challenge Co-writer Tress's example and did a massive spreadsheet of all of the books I owned and plotted where they could go for the 2020 challenge. I'm currently finishing up Eye of the World, the first in the Wheel of Time series. I'll probably put this on the 2020's challenge over 600 pages category and get that out of the way. If you'd like to take a look at 202's challenge you can find it here.

If you'd like to find the 2019's challenge original post, you can find it here.

Level 1: Book of the Month Club


Level 2: Casual Reader Club
13. A book by John Grisham
14. Read a fantasy novel- Secondborn by Amy A. Bartol (no review)
15. A book with a color in the title
16. Reread a book you have recommended to someone else
21. Read a book found on Project Gutenberg
23. A book that was published in 1999


Level 3: Dedicated Reader Club
28. Read a book recommended by a friend/on social media
29. A book about a librarian
30. A book about breaking a code or a treasure hunt
31. Read a book by Brandon Sanderson
33. A book suggested by https://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/
34. A book for under $3.00- Magic & Mayhem by Annabel Chase (No Review Post)
36. Free space – pick any book! - Magic and Mystery by Annabel Chase (No Review post)


Level 4: Speed-Reader Club
37. A book over 500 pages
38. A book about time travel
39. A book with a form of weather in the title
40. Read a book published in 1969
41. A book authored by a Catherine/Katherine or variant
42. A book by Anne Rice
43. A book from Time’s All-Time Top 100 Books list
44. Read a coming of age novel
45. A book involving mythology
46. Read a self-published book
47. A book with the word dream in the title


Level 5: Overachiever Club
49. Read a book on a banned book list
51. A book that you judged by its cover (either positively or negatively)
52. A book that takes place in your home state
53. A book that takes place before 1965
54. Read a biography
55. Read a book you’ve previously abandoned
57. A book set in Asia
60. Free space – pick any book!-  Magic and Mischief by Annabel Chase




-->

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!