Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Book Review: Canes of Divergence by Breeana Putroff

Goodreads Summary: Things were finally going well for Quinn and William -- a kingdom in check, their enemy behind bars, and a special new someone to celebrate.
Until a mysterious danger threatened to take it all.

With the gate closed and no way to reach the resources they desperately need, time is running out.

Will help from an unexpected source reach them in time?

Featuring the return of everyone's favorite characters -- including some old friends we never expected to see again -- Canes of Divergence takes The Dusk Gate Chronicles in a whole new direction.
Goodreads Rating: 4.44 stars with over 400 ratings
Genre Listing: Fantasy, Young Adult, Adventure, Romance
Get the Book: Amazon
Previous reviews of the series: Seeds of DiscoveryRoots of InsightThorns of DecisionBlooms of Consequence

Review: 

Edited 12/1/2016

So, I couldn't stay away from this series. I was going to. I was, but then it called to me like a Siren. I had to know what happened, and I was not disappointed. Someday, I'm going to finish this series and get back to being productive in life. I need to before I end this series because I've got a class I massively need to study for and things around the house to do. But then again, books!

So, going back to my comments on the first book if you need a lot of action- this is not going to be the book for you. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th book had a decent amount of action in them. This one follows the trend of the first book where there are a lot more medical things and day to day living going on than defending the kingdom type of stuff.

You can probably take a guess at who shows back up in the story. I was concerned with how it was going to work out, but I think it worked out well. I will say, the ending of the book made me cry my eyes out, as did another portion of the book that involves Quinn's real dad. Ugh. Fair warning, it's super emotional. I was also anxious about how the story was going to pick back up after it seemingly ended in the fourth book. It was done in a nice way, and I think the series is going to take on a lot fewer views from Will and Quinn from here out. That's just my prediction, though, we'll see if I'm right or wrong. I'll be sad if I'm right but will also understand it.

Overall, this wasn't my favorite book in the series. I enjoyed it don't get me wrong, and I'm not going to fool myself into pretending that I'm not going to read the next book. It's already downloaded, and I have every intention of starting it as soon as I finish this blog post. This series is easily becoming one of my favorites. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!