Saturday, July 2, 2016

Book Review: Roots of Insight by Breeana Puttroff

Goodreads Summary: Quinn Robbins has just returned from spending ten days in Eirentheos, a world she had never known existed. Trying to settle back into her familiar life and establish a relationship with her new boyfriend, Zander, is more of a challenge than she ever dreamed it would be.
Things are just beginning to feel normal again when Thomas shows up in her world, and invites her back to Eirentheos for a royal wedding. She's excited at the chance to reconnect with the people and places she had begun to fall in love with.

What she doesn't realize is just how deeply connected with this new world she might become ... and just what old secrets might be beginning to unravel.

The second book in the beloved Dusk Gate series reconnects Quinn with the charming princes, and the pristine world of Eirentheos. From a beautiful royal wedding to a dangerous rescue mission, Quinn's adventures are about to take her life on a course that will change it forever.
Goodreads Rating: 4.29 with 950 ratings
Genre Listing: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance, Adventure
Get the Book: AmazonBook Depository
Previous review of the series: Seeds of Discovery

Review:

Edited 12/1/2016

First things first, This is my 100th post! Hurray!!! I never thought I'd keep this blog going for ten posts, let alone 100. Thanks for sticking with me readers!

So, if you read my last post, you know that my friend Adele recommended the Dusk Gate Chronicles series to me and I was instantly hooked. Fell in love with Seeds of Discovery, and immediately downloaded Roots of Insight. I didn't get to completely inhale this one like I did the first book because I had to be an adult and go to work, but I still really enjoyed it.

I will say it took me a little longer to get into this book. A good chunk of it is Quinn being obsessed with Zander. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't getting bored with it. She makes a trip to Eirentheos, but it was relatively uneventful. She ends up returning to her world and trying to resume a normal life, and then all hell breaks loose. Once this happens, we're instantly whisked back to Eirentheos and the story starts to unfold. In my first review, I said that something was brewing in Eirentheos, and I had to know what. Well, I got my wish and the second book has so much more going on with it. There's still a lot of waiting for things to happen, but everything is starting to build up.

I think due to her attachment to her friends in Eirentheos that Quinn was a lot more emotional this book around. William was a lot warmer of a person, which was nice to see him come out of his shell. Zander kind of gets on my nerves at this point. I'm hoping their relationship ends in the third book.I don't know if I can take several more chapters of Quinn and Zander swooning over each other. It was kind of cute in the first book, but in the second book I just wanted to skip through it and get to the good stuff.

I'm still pretty enthralled with this series. I've downloaded the third book and am going to dive into it after I let the Kindle charge up for a bit. I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday, so I foresee a lot of reading in my weekend, in between study sessions. I want to give this one a five, but the crap with Zander is making me give it a four. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!