Monday, July 4, 2016

Book Review: Blooms of Consequence by Breeana Putroff

Goodreads Summary: It’s time to make her choices.
Quinn Robbins is stuck in Eirentheos, unable to use the gate to go home, and she’s facing the biggest decisions of her life. Will she accept the destiny that was handed to her – one she never wanted – or will she walk away?

With events spiraling out of her control, Quinn is forced to make some difficult decisions – and some of those choices have consequences she’s not prepared for.

In the final installment of the story begun in Seeds of Discovery, Quinn is about to discover who her family really is and that sometimes love, faith, and trust are the things most worth fighting for.

Goodreads Rating: 4.35 stars with over 700 ratings

Genre Listing: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance, Adventure

Get the Book: AmazonBook Depository

Previous reviews on the series: Seeds of DiscoveryRoots of InsightThorns of Decision

Review:

Edited 12/1/2016

Holy stuff happening, Batman. I needed to be productive today, but this series said "Nope! Read me!" and so I obeyed. I'll be honest, I started reading this in the afternoon, and was just about to put it down so I could do the other stuff I had to do, but then a lot started happening in the book. There was so much stuff happening that I don't even know if I can fully wrap my head around it all.

William and Quinn go through a TON of things in this book. Everything that was building up in the first three books just comes crashing down in this book. Trying to do this without spoilers is hard. I will say that it was nice that all of the indecisions finally got resolved. There was no more "I don't know what to do" or "I have to think about it," which was nice. As much as I enjoyed the three previous books, the lack of deciding was getting annoying. Which, there's a nice little moral of the story in that not making a decision is still a decision.  However, the sequence of events is just a lot to take in. It kind of felt like everything was being crammed into this book as quickly as possible.

Can I just say, Go, Linnea! I would love to have a little short story or something about her somewhere down the line. I will say, one thing I appreciated about this book is that it was also done with all of the secrets. Everything was out in the open, and it went along a lot quicker because of that.

The thing that confuses me the most is the ending. I don't hate the ending. In fact, I enjoyed it. What bothers me is it's supposed to be the conclusion to the story. And maybe at one time it was the conclusion, but there are more books in the series from what I can tell on Kindle. I know that shouldn't impact my views on this book, but it does. I want conclusions with my series. I'd like for them to stay ends. I've got the fifth book downloaded, but I don't know if I'm going to read it or not. We shall see. Overall, I enjoyed the book, but I wasn't as into it as some of the others in the series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!