Wednesday, February 1, 2017

1st Update on 2017 Reading Challenge



Hi, readers! This will be another reoccurring post that was also suggested by Tori. Thanks for the suggestion! This post will focus on where I'm at on the reading challenge that I created for 2017.  I think this will help me keep on track with my own challenge. And Tori suggested that it might motivate other readers as well!

Every year I do the Goodreads' challenge. Last year I set my goal at 35 and surpassed it, but this year I decided to sync up my challenge with the Goodreads Challenge. So my goal is 50 books. As of right now, I'm at 4 of 50. Not a bad start, could be better, but I'm pretty proud of it.  Fair warning, I'm not doing my list in order.


Here's what I've read so far for my challenge.


2. A book in a series you've yet to finish

For this one, I chose the Immortal Circus Act 2 by A.R. Kahler. I had started the series a few months ago but set it aside to read other things. I wasn't really expecting to pick the series back up, but I did so this seemed like a fitting place for it.  You can check out my review for it here.


15. A book about magic 
For number 15 on the list, I went ahead and put The Immortal Circus the Final act by A.R. Kahler. This finished up the series, which was mostly about magic. Fairie magic and witch magic to be exact. Everything pretty much happens because of magic in the series. Overall, it was a decently entertaining series. You can check out my review for The Final Act here.


16. A Historical Fiction
This one might be cheating a bit, considering I started the book in the middle of December 2016. I'm counting it though because I finished it in 2017. This was a decent read, not the best historical fiction ever, but not bad. It spans 30+ years, so it's pretty lengthy. You can see my review for it here.


35. A book that takes place somewhere you would like to live
This might be a bit of a stretch, but I think it works. I went with The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor on this one.  So a portion of the book takes place in Ireland, and that's what I went with on this. I'd really love to live abroad for some time, and Ireland seems like it'd be beautiful. Plus it'd be kind of cool to learn about my Irish heritage.  Anyways, if you'd like to read my review of it, you can check it out here.



I think that's a decent start to my challenge. If you're doing the challenge with me, where are you at on it? I'd love to know.  I think in February I'll be able to tackle a book that's considered a classic and maybe the oppressed culture one. We'll see, though. Stay tuned for more updates, these will be happening on the first of every month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!