Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Discussion: Books of the month



Hi readers, I'm going to start doing something a little different at the beginning and end of each month.  The very last day of the month will be the books of the month post. This idea was brought up by reader Tori! Thanks for the suggestion, Tori!  These posts will have two sections to them. The first is the book of the current month. This is my favorite book from what I've read in the month. The second part will be a book I plan to read the following month, and I'm hoping that this will get readers to read with me so that we can have a discussion about the books. So this one will be our little book club. Suggestions are always welcome! Feel free to like the Facebook page to send suggestions, this is where I'll be most likely to see them. 

Let's get started!


January's Book of the Month





I read four books in the month of January, and I think my favorite was The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor.   This wasn't my highest rated book of the month, but I think out of everything it made me think the most, which I appreciated. It forced me to wonder what it would be like to be a third-class passenger on the Titanic, and if I survived how would it change my life? There were some issues I had with the book, but I've already hashed those out in the review linked above. Despite my issues with it, I think this was probably the most meaningful book I read in the month of January. 


February's Book to be Read



In February I plan to read The Book Thie by Markus Zusak. I've had this on my shelf for a while, and it needs to be read. It's over 500 pages, so I'm hoping I can get it done in a month, especially since I'm already in the middle of reading 1984. I may set 1984 aside though because I'm not really feeling it at the moment. I know that some of my friends on Goodreads have already read this, so I'm hoping they'll want to chime in with their thoughts once I post my review! If you haven't read it yet and want to, I would love for you to read it this month with me and hear your thoughts on it. I think this will be a good chance for us to discuss books a bit more. I'm also hoping this keeps me on a better track of reading what I say I'm going to and also posting more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!