Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Book Review: Darkthirst by Bella Forrest

Goodreads Summary: "Without us, evil will continue to grow. In the end, it will consume everything. Everyone."
Sink deeper into the enthralling world of Darklight...
Goodreads Rating: 4.2 stars with over 1200 ratings
Genre listing: Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal, Vampires
Other Reviews on the series: Darklight by Bella Forrest
Goodreads Challenge: 17/60 (currently 4 books behind)
2020 Reading Challenge: #12 Free Space, pick any book! (Find the full challenge here)

Book Review:

Oh, hey. I used up my first free space. I am pretty sure when Tress and I started including those, we solely put them in so she can do her series rereads and so I can get lost in some kindle unlimited tunnel and never see the light of day again. This year's series that is going to completely derail my challenge progress is Darklight. I burned through the first book and then promptly got the second one immediately after I finished. I'm not even going to pretend like there's hope for me at this point. There isn't. Just let me dig further into the random paranormal KU series I find and let me be. Unless you have snacks. 

Alright, so Darkthirst takes place right about where Darklight left off. If there's any time gap, it might be a week if that. All through Darkthirst, the Vampires and Humans who defected are on the run from the bureau. There's a lot of continued action and fighting, lots of strategy on how to defeat the corrupt bureau. It's kind of nice to read a really action-forward book. After some of the longer books I've read where it's been about quests and day to day activities, it's a good change to have all of this movement and planning. 

I had like four or five hours of sleep last night, mainly because of this book. I had about 100 pages or so, and decided I needed to be up until 2:30 am because of reasons. Hopefully, this post is coherent because of that. I really didn't want to put this book down, if you can tell. It really kept my interest throughout the entire thing. I felt like there were a lot of twists and turns. Some of them I expected, some of them I didn't.

Most of the characters were reoccurring. I don't know if there was a ton of character depth in Darkthirst, but I also don't know if it was needed. I don't really feel like any of the characters really grew a whole lot. I still think Lyra and Dorian are kind of adorable. I also kind of hate myself for liking them as much as I do. Should I be reading better literature than vampire romances? Yes. Am I going to? No. Do I care? No, not really. Read what you want, honestly.

There is a character who gets introduced later in the story that I absolutely adore. Bryce's sister Morag makes an appearance, and she's kind of amazing. I really hope that she's going to be a future addition to later stories.

I really wish that I had a more coherent review for readers on this one. I'm tired but wanted to get this done so I can move on to other things. The short version of it is that Darkthirst is action-packed and unexpectedly enjoyable. Bella Forrest's vampires in the Darklight have a unique premise to them, which I love. Yes, there's paranormal romance, yes it's cheesy and adorable, but there's also interesting characters and a good plot. It's an action-packed quick read that I think a lot of paranormal readers would love.



Housekeeping bits: 


1.) I've got two author requests for reviews in the reading queue. The first of which, I am currently reading and am about halfway done with it. I expect to have a review up for it by this weekend, if not sooner. Once I'm done with that, I'll start on the second request. If you are an author and would like me to read your book, please check out my review request page here.

2.) If you've been to my page recently and have seen political ads, I apologize. I am not an overly political person. I really don't want politics on my blog, and had no idea that those ads were being shown. I've since figured out how to block political ads, so they shouldn't be showing up again. Any ads displayed on my website are not actually indicative of my thoughts or products I use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!