Monday, May 11, 2020

Discussion Post- Twenty Facts about Me

Twenty Facts About Me:


Hi Readers. I felt like doing a random post today and found a list on another blog. I thought I'd snag the twenty facts about yourself idea. The original post can be found here.

I guess if I'm going to do a post about me, I should put a face to the words.




1.) My favorite animal is hedgehogs, and I used to have one named Xavier Tyler. He thoroughly enjoyed getting out of his cage and scaring the bejeezus out of my mom, but would only do it if I was gone for the weekend.

2.) I have three favorite movies that are about as far as part of one another as you can get. They are Beetlejuice, Draft Day, and Hook.

3.) I am an aspiring author. My first book is currently in the rewrite/editing stage. It's a children's fantasy/adventure book. It's going to be illustrated by my dad. It is about a little girl who goes on adventures with a group of Pirates. I've got a dozen or so other works in progress. If you'd like to read some of my non-blog post writing, check out the short stories found here.

4.) I've been with my husband, Chris, for half my life. We started dating in high school and have been married for eleven years. We've even lived all around the US.

5.) I am terrified of snakes and spiders. Even seeing them on TV freaks me out and sends me into a mild panic attack. If I go to a zoo, I avoid exhibit areas that may have them in there.

6.) I have three tattoos. I have music notes around my ankle in memory of my mom, who passed away when I was a teenager. I also have a sun and a moon on my shoulder blades. I've got a couple of others planned, including a water color hummingbird in memory of my grandma.

7. I have an associate's degree and a bachelor's degree. They aren't related, and I don't really use either of them. I use my bachelor's degree more, which is in Human Resources. My day job is doing compliance reviews for a manufacturing company.

8.  I am a massive sports fan. I love Football (American) and Baseball. I'm a die-hard Patriots and Red Sox fan. I get a lot of flack for rooting for teams for an area of the country I've never even lived in. I play fantasy football every year and am pretty proficient in my football knowledge.

9. I've been gluten-free for six or seven years. It's not by choice, and I wish I didn't have to be. I kind of had to go at it alone, and its a hard and confusing thing. I've tried to make a point to be as helpful as I can be to anyone who has to start on this lifestyle change.

10. My favorite colors are black and green.

11. I absolutely love dogs. I don't have one right now, which makes me sad, but if I see a dog in passing, I have to pet it.

12. If the fate of the world depended on me doing math, we would all be doomed.

13. The only non-US country I've ever been to is Canada. I love it there and try to visit whenever I can.

14. I love classic cars. If I could have any car, I would have an early to mid 70s Nova. I'd also take an old Camero.

15. I don't have children, nor do I want any. I don't think I'm particularly motherly and don't want a little thing dependent on me. I am, however, an aunt, which I love. I spoil my nephew whenever I can.

16. I generally only have a TV on for noise. If I do, it's usually either ESPN (well not so much right now since there are no sports right now) or Food Network. If I'm actually watching a show to watch it, it's probably Outlander, Arrow, Lucifer, or sports.

17.  I'm obsessed with music. I listen to just about everything, but my favorite bands/artists include All Time Low, Queen, Blink 182, Taking Back Sunday, and Halestorm.  Of those, I've seen All Time Low in concert twice and Blink 182 once.

18. I used to be able to play the Piano, Bass, and Guitar. For a brief moment in time, I wanted to be a Singer/Song Writer.

19. I am addicted to Starbucks and go multiple times a week. My drink of choice is a peppermint white chocolate mocha- extra hot.

20. I make jewelry and have since I was nine years old. It's just one of the outlets I use to be creative when I can. I sell it, but usually pretty cheaply because I like to make it. Plus, it makes good gifts when I need them.

This was surprisingly harder than I thought it would be. I really started struggling from like 10 onward, because truthfully I'm kind of boring. But now you know about me.

If you have an idea for a post you'd like to see, or a question for me, feel free to ask. If it's not for a book review request or a product review request, feel free to comment, use the contact form, or ask on Twitter/ Goodreads. I'll do my best to answer. If I don't respond, don't be afraid to send it again. I'm half scattered brained most of the time and likely just thought I answered when I didn't.




2 comments:

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!