Saturday, April 8, 2017

March Books of the Month and Reading Challenge Update




Normally, I try to do these in two separate posts, but I'm really behinds and didn't read much at all in March so I'm just going to combine them. The reading challenge list can be found here.


I think my favorite book I read in March was hands down Magyk by Angie Sage. It was fun, whimsical, and had a great sense of humor. I'd definitely recommend it for lovers of Harry Potter or Discworld. It's a very clever read, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. This was #13 on my reading challenge list, which is A book in a series you've been meaning to start. I had wanted to read this for years but had never gotten around to it. So glad I finally made myself sit down and read it! You can find my review of it here.


The Merciless by Danielle Vega was my Book I had intended to read in March. I was really excited to read it but was sadly disappointed in it. I think the only reason I finished it was because it's a very short read. The characters were incredibly flat, and really the only entertaining factor was some of the twisted things they were doing to "save" one of the girls. This was #19 on my reading challenge as A book you picked out because of the cover. Which is completely true. You can find my review of it here.

I also reread Marked by P.C. and Kristen Cast, but I didn't assign it to a number on my reading challenge. I felt like that was cheating since I've already read it. You can find my review for it here.

This currently puts me at 10/50 books on my good reads challenge, and I think 9/50 for my personal challenge. I need to get cracking on reading!
That leaves us with the book I plan to read in April. 


T.J. & M.L. Wolf contacted me recently and asked if I would review A Gleam of Light. I told them I would, and they sent me a lovely paperback copy to review (Thanks!!!) I'm a little apprehensive about reading it because it only has a 2.85 on Goodreads, but it's only been rated by 6 people. I'm going to go into it with an open mind, as the concept does seem interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!