Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February Books of the Month


Hello, readers! It's time for me to post my Books of the month! As a reminder on how this works, I'm going to briefly talk about two books. The first will be my favorite book I read in February and the second will be a book I intend to read in March.


I only got a chance to read three books in February. I was pretty busy and incredibly sick for most of it. That being said, Public Secrets by Nora Roberts was by far my favorite of the three. I could not put it down. This was my introduction to Nora Roberts, and it has me hooked. I can't wait until I can read some more of her work. I really liked how Public Secrets combined mystery, romance, and the drama of a Rock and Roll life. It was very entertaining. If you'd like to check out my review, you can find it here.


Before I get into March's book I intend to read, I have to talk a bit about the book I meant to read for February. So the Book for February was supposed to be The Book Thief. However, the copy I have is a used copy. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but this particular copy is riddled with someone's notes, highlights, and thoughts throughout the entirety of it. It was really distracting, and I couldn't get past a couple of pages because of it. So that being said, I'm pushing The Book Thief back until I can get a different copy.


My book I intend to read for March is The Merciless by Danielle Vega. I have a feeling I'm going to have a love/hate relationship with this book. But what I've heard about it has me incredibly intrigued. I'm not sure I've read about exorcisms before, so it should be interesting (or so I hope.) I'd love it if anyone wanted to read this in March as well so we can discuss it later on!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have an ereader or can you download an ereading app on your phone? If so, I'm pretty sure I have a digital copy of The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do. I have a kindle, but it's on the fritz right now. :/

      Delete

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!