Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2016 a year in review


2016- A Year in Books


In 2016, I did something a little different in my reading. Instead of just doing the challenge offered up by Goodreads, I included two other reading challenges. Of these three different challenges, the Goodreads challenge was the only one I completed. Which, I don't think I've done for the past few years. I set my goal at 35 books and with only a few days left of 2016, I've read 38 books. The book I'm in the middle of reading is somewhat lengthy, so I doubt I'll increase this to 39.

Here is a look at everything I read in 2016. I wanted to include this screenshot because I did not put all of the books I read on the spreadsheets below. 



































One of the challenges that I participated in was a 40 book challenge that was on Popsugar. You can check out the challenge here. I kind of knew going into this reading challenge that I wasn't going to be overly successful with it. There's a lot of suggestions on here that I'd probably never pick up unless I was under duress. An example of this is a political memoir.

Here is my spreadsheet of what I read, and how I did on this challenge. I think there were definitely some ways I could have done better on this challenge, but ultimately I gave up on it because it just seemed so daunting. On a side note, I apologize for how oddly sized these images are.







So, as you can see, I had some pretty significant gaps on this challenge. There were definitely some categories I would have liked to fill in, but honestly, I just didn't make the effort. 

The second challenge I tried out was on a Blogger named Modern Mrs. Darcy. You can see her challenge here. I honestly thought I was going to do better on this challenge, but as you can tell I put all of three things on it. 



















My lack of success on these is what inspired me to do my own reading challenge for 2017. It has 50 books on it, but I feel like the categories I selected will be things I'm more likely to pick up, and admittedly, some of the items on mine are also on these two lists. If you'd like to take a look at my 2017 reading challenge, you can do so here.

Overall, I don't feel terrible about my lack of success on these challenges. I give myself credit for even attempting them, because if you've followed this blog for any length of time, you'll know I don't follow plans well. I have a ton of TBR lists and Book Hauls that have gone unread. I tend to pick the books sporadically and just based on how I'm feeling in that moment.

Oh, and if you can't tell, I love my spreadsheets. So here's a little nerd bonus and a deeper look into my nerd spreadsheet.  This first one is my "To Be Read List". The following two images are books I want to buy in physical forms. I have several of them in Kindle format, but a girl has to have choices.







































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!