Friday, July 4, 2014

Book Review of For the Birds by Angela Roquet




Goodreads Summary: Lana Harvey isn't just any reaper. She's the new captain of the Posy Unit, a specialty group dedicated to harvesting mass quantities of souls from natural disaster sites, battlefields, and the like. The new title didn't come without a price, though. Lana made some promises along the way, and now it's time to follow through... even if that means putting herself in the path of the three Fates, a fickle and mighty force to be reckoned with. The Fates run a soul recycling plant in Limbo City, and if Lana isn't careful, they just might recycle her

Goodreads Rating: 4.26 with 65 ratings

Genre Listing: Paranormal, Angels, Demons, Grim Reapers, Romance, Fantasy

Get the Book: Amazon
My other reviews for Angela Roquet's books: Pocket Full of PosiesGraveyard Shift

Review:

Edited 11/24/2016

If you haven't been able to tell, I'm addicted to this paranormal series now. It's so good. I picked this up last night after I finished Pocket Full of Posies. I was going to give myself a rest from reading (what?) today, but my power was out because of a storm... So I decided to dive into this. I'm going to keep this short and sweet tonight.

I think that one of the things I love about this series is that I never know what's going to happen. A lot of books I read, I make an attempt to predict what's going to happen. This series always keeps me guessing, though.

This book, in particular, has me intrigued. Lana's secrets are coming out, she's getting herself into more complex situations, and more and more influential people are taking notice that she's not just any reaper. I think that she came into her own this book. She's taking all of the responsibility and becoming a force to be reckoned with.

I liked that this book ended on a positive note. A lot of the past obstacles seemed to be squashed, so it makes me wonder what's going to happen in the 4th book when it comes out. I also really like her relationship with Bub. I'm super excited to see where the series goes, but alas I get to be in bookworm turmoil until it gets released. Now, what am I suppose to read?


Four out of five moons 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!