Sunday, February 15, 2015

Discussion: How Many Books Do You Read at Once?

Discussion:

Edited 12/1/2016

I hope everyone had a happy Valentines day if you chose to celebrate it. The husband and I stayed far away from the public and binged on Netflix, so basically it was a typical Saturday. It dawned on me that a discussion was well overdue, so here goes.

Today's topic came to me because I added a third book to my currently reading list. In the past, I was strictly a one-book-at-a-time kind of woman, but here recently I've been finding myself switch back and forth between a couple of different books. I'm finding that when I do this, it's usually stretched across different genres. Right now on my Currently reading list, I have The Woodcutter by Kate Danley, The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure by William Goldman, and I just started The Lady of The Rivers by Philippa Gregory. I've been indecisive lately.

A few months back a friend of mine posted the following picture on my facebook, and I wanted to share it here. I found what different types of readers do interesting.


So, that leads me to the questions:


What type of reader are you? 

What are your reasons (if any)? 

If you read multiple books at once, do they stay in the same genre? 

How do you decide what to read and when? 



As I said before, I consider myself to be a monogamist reader. I like focusing on one book at a time. I also consider myself to be a bit of an introverted reader. I stick to a few genres I love. All, though, since starting this blog I've been more of a Polygamist, Neurotic, and Altruist reader. It's weird how things change. I find that generally, I read multiple things when I dissatisfied with a book, but don't want to 'give up' on it. I also tend to alternate between genres if I do that.  I also am a bit of a Neurotic reader. If it doesn't grab me within the first few chapters, I'm not likely to finish it.  And then Altruistic, because hey, I'm writing a blog about things I like to read and hope to help other people find things to read.

So, what kind of reader are you? As always I appreciate comments. Don't be shy and chime in!

2 comments:

  1. I usually read one book at a time... but there are exceptions. When a highly anticipated book for me comes out, I'm likely to drop everything and go to that book. Which ends up meaning I don't finish a book at all that month!! I really think at some point I've been all of these kinds of readers, I guess it just depends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I'm so bad about reading things as soon as they come out. The few I've read like that usually is by accident. My TBR list is ridiculous.

      Delete

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!