Tuesday, May 31, 2022

2022 Reading Challenge Update January- May

 


Hello, Readers! I hope everyone is doing well. The end of the month seemed like a good time to do the first reading challenge update of 2022. I'm disappointed with my reading totals thus far in the year. I would have thought that with finishing my Master's in January that I'd be excited to read more for fun, but it's been one thing after another since Christmas. Because of that, I just haven't been in a reading mood. I'm hoping to get back into reading here soon. On the bright side, my husband and I are mostly recovered from Covid. I have some lingering issues, but definitely on the mend finally. 

There are a lot of books I've read this year that don't have blog posts associated with them. I've also given up on updating Storygraph. I'll try to do an update on there eventually. There's a lot of updating I do for my blog posts (write the post, figure out where to put it on the challenge, write a Goodreads review, and share posts on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook), so I'm kind of regretting adding one more thing to that list. Sorry I've been a lazy and neglectful blogger. 

According to Goodreads, I'm at 13 books for the year. I'm definitely behind, and I may update my total. I genuinely don't think I will get to the 48 books that I set. Currently, I'm working on two books. I've been trying to have one physical book and one kindle book going simultaneously. The physical book is Under The Dome by Stephen King. Thee kindle book is Sutton by J.R. Moehringer.



 Challenge


Level 1: Book of the Month Club


1 Read a book under $5: The Druid by Jeff Wheeler

2 Read a book that is under 350 pages: The Humans by Matt Haig 

3 Read a book that was recommended to you

4 Read a newly published book (within a year): The Egyptian Mystery by Emily Organ

5 Read a book that has a type of plant or flower in the title

6 Read a book because of the cover

7. Read a book about a mythical creature.: All the Murmuring Bones by A.G. Slatter

8 Read a book that takes place in the future

9 Read a book by an author that's new to you

10 Read a book from NPR's top 50 Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books of the past decade: https://www.npr.org/2021/08/18/1027159166/best-books-science-fiction-fantasy-past-decade: The Brass City by S.A. Chakraborty

11 A book by an author whose first or last name has 5 letters: The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett

12 Free Space! (Pick any book)

Level 2: Casual Reader Club


13 Read a book published 5 years ago

14 Read a Speculative Fiction

15 Read the first book in a duology

16 Read the second book in a duology

17 A book that was published when you were 5 years old

18 Read a book by an author named Alex, Alexander, Alexandra (or variant): Lore by Alexandra Bracken

19 Read a book about Zombies

20 Read a book with a black cover: The Octonumi Fosbit Files Prologue by Trevor Alan Foris

21 Read a book from AbeBooks.com's list of 100 (fiction) books to read in a lifetime: https://www.abebooks.com/books/100-book-to-read-in-lifetime/

22 Read a book with the word City in the title

23 Read a book about a musician (non-fiction or fiction)

24 Free Space! (Pick any book)

Level 3: Dedicated Reader Club


25 A book with a title that has 5 letters

26 Read a book published by Macmillan (or subsidiary)

27 Read a book with a title that doesn't start with an article (A, An, The): Helen of Troy by Margaret George

28 Read a book you recently acquired: The Lobotomist's Wife by Samantha Greene Woodruff

29 Read a book that's been on your TBR for over a year

30 Read a Revenge Story

31 Read a book by Philippa Gregory

32 Read a book that takes place on an island

33 Read a book that does not have a person (or people) on the cover

34 A book that you intended to read on last year's challenge

35 Read a Psychological Thriller: The Fourth Monkey by J.D. Barker

36 Free Space! (Pick any book)

Level 4: Speed Reader Club


37 Read a book over 500 pages: The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks

38 Read a book that starts with the letter Z (or has Z in the title)

39 Read a book that takes place around your favorite holiday

40 A book with 5 objects on the cover

41 Read a book with the word Wisdom in the title

42 Read a Dystopian

43 Read a book by an author with the same name as one of your parents (Biological, Step, Adopted)

44 Read a book that a movie/show you've watched is based on but have yet to read (example: Watched The Hobbit, but never read the Hobbit)

45 Read a book about a Saint (non-Fiction or Fiction)

46 Read any book from the Men's Health most popular book list https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/g37473997/most-popular-book-by-year/?utm_source=facebook_arb&utm_medium=cpm&utm_campaign=arb_fb_mnh_m_i_g37473997&fbclid=IwAR22Eb95uWUC2FVY_Bdn0CtG3KV8-6-IxwnfABCIZ25fMHLM0Tw4Mee2M2U

47 Read a book published in a year that was important to you: To Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn

48 Free Space! (Pick any book)

Level 5: Overachiever Club


49 Read the 5th book in a series or an author's 5th novel

50 Read a True Crime book

51 Read a book by Georges Simenon (or one of his Pen Names)

52 A book with the number 5 in the title

53 Read a book that takes place in Russia

54 Read a book by an author using initials as part of their name

55 Read a book that has a title in the form of a question

56 Read a banned book from this banned book list https://www.ala.org/advocacy/bbooks/frequentlychallengedbooks/decade2019

57 A book with at least 5 prominent characters

58 Read a book that Linz read previously http://linzthebookworm.blogspot.com/p/reviews-z.html

59 Read a book that Tress read previously https://songstress7.wordpress.com/category/reading/

60 Free Space! (Pick any book)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!