Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Book Review: Seeds of Discovery by Breeana Puttroff

Goodreads Summary:  William Rose was an enigma at Bristlecone High School, never talking to anyone, his nose always buried in a book. Quinn Robbins had never paid attention to him. Until the night she almost hit him with her car on an isolated road where he shouldn't have been, and then she watched him disappear.

Consumed by curiosity, Quinn embarks on a quest for answers and winds up on an incredible journey to discover the truth about this mysterious boy.

What she finds is beyond her wildest expectations, and just may change her life forever.

Discover the story that made readers everywhere fall in love with the Dusk Gate Chronicles. Follow Quinn into the magical world of Eirentheos and uncover William's secret for yourself.

Fully feeling the weight of her stupidity, she climbed the four crumbling stone steps toward the end of the broken-off bridge. This time, she did not hold back or hesitate. She closed her eyes and stepped forward. Expecting only a loss of balance and the resulting short drop into the cold water below, she was surprised when it didn't come. There was solid stone underneath her right foot. Maybe she had missed. When a second attempt with her left foot also failed to produce an icy-cold plunge into the stream, she opened her eyes.
Goodreads Rating: 4.03 stars with over 1,500 ratings
Genre Listing: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal, Mystery, Adventure
Get the Book: AmazonBook Depository

Review:

Edited 12/1/2016

Shout out to my friend Adele, who recommended this book to me! I wasn't sure what I wanted to read, and Adele suggested it. I believe she said it's her favorite series, but don't quote me on that. If it is, I totally understand why. I am HOOKED!  I was bummed when I had to put the book down to do things like sleep and go to work. I wanted to stay up reading. (I'm a giant child. One more chapter, please?)

I found myself engaged very early on wondering "Why she's stalking William. What's his secret?" I was intrigued by the royal life in the story. I enjoyed that the royal family cared about their people. They didn't expect to be catered to. They had things to do and people to look after. I also liked the idea that your birth order gave you a special gift. I thought that was a neat detail.

I will say I was a little surprised at how little action was actually in this book. It's not boring, but if you need something with constant action, then this book probably isn't for you. It's very much a book of day to day life with a little mystery involved. I can already see that the drama is going to build in the next books in the series. The players are in place, and something is going to happen soon. I can feel it.

I'm interested to see how the interactions between William and  Quinn change at school. You can't go through something like that and just go back to pretending that the other person doesn't exist. I was a little intrigued by Quinn and Zander's fling, but now that I've read the entire book I'm kind of like "Zander who?" So we shall see if or how that develops. I'm hoping it doesn't grow, but I could see a weird love triangle happening.

I'm recommending this book to a few people. I'm ready to read the second book in the series. I've already downloaded it to the Kindle. I'm just letting it charge up a bit before I dive in. I should probably do something productive like laundry or homework, but reading is going to win. If you want something light, enjoyable, and a little mysterious I vote read this book!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!