Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Book Haul: The Book Bundler Edition

 


What's this? A Book Haul?!? But Linz, you haven't done one of those in FOREVER. 

This is actually true. I can't remember the last book haul post I did. I'm also too lazy to go and find this information out. Unless you count my unnecessary splurges on Kindle, I really haven't bought enough books to do a post for a Haul, but recently I was attacked by a Facebook ad. The said advertisement promised me a box of books for $20, and well, I'm a sucker.  

So, I went on  https://www.thebookbundler.com/ and scoped out what they were offering. I'm not getting anything from the website by posting this. I paid for my books and am just sharing my experience. 

How it works is you go to their website and select which mystery box of books you want. I went with the Best Seller Adult Trade Paperback box and got 10 books for $20. I paid for them, got a confirmation email, and also a shipping notification. Ordered late on October 2nd and got the box today, which seems like a reasonable amount of time to me. Got a tracking number and all of that fancy stuff, too. I was actually pretty excited to see what I'd get sent. There's a variety of different boxes you can choose from. They have a pretty decent return policy that includes duplicates or heavily damaged books. All the books I got sent were in what I'd consider pretty good condition.

So here's a look at what was in the box:

1.) The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

2.) Or The Bull Kills You by Jason Webster

3.) Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult

4.) The Snowman by Jo Nesbo

5.) Blink by Ted Dekker

6.) Water for Elephants

7.) This is Where I Leave You by Jonathon Tropper

8.) A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz

9.) Love, Lucas by Chantele Sedwick

10.) The Other Woman by Jane Green

Overall, I feel this is a pretty good selection. I didn't get any duplicates. All were in good condition. I have Water for Elephants on kindle and read it six years ago or so. I didn't really have any interest in The Other Woman by Jane Green or Love, Lucas by Chantele Sedgwick. So Water for Elephants and The Other Woman is going to the Reading Partner in Crime, Tress. Love, Lucas is going on my PBS bookshelf for someone else to grab. The rest will sit on my bookshelf and stare at me judgingly until I get around to reading them. Unread books are judgy things, no?

I'm pretty happy with my order, though I think next time I might opt for the Sci-fi/Fantasy bundle. For $20, it's not a bad deal. I recommend it for anyone who's up for a good surprise. The holidays are around the corner (gasp), so it could also make for a good gift for an avid reader. I think they also have some children's book options. 

At some point this week, I'm going to write my review for Dragon Reborn from the Wheel of Time series. However, that will not be tonight as I twisted my ankle, and an icepack is calling me. Ow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!