Friday, September 13, 2024

Book Discussion: Audio Books

 



Hello, Readers! I hope everyone is doing well this lovely Friday the 13th! I have decided to implement a new tradition and watch a Friday the 13th movie when it occurs. Tonight, it's part two. I don't have any fun life updates, but I finished the audiobook version of Jane Seymour by Alison Weir a few days ago. I enjoyed it but didn't have enough thoughts to give it a substantial review. I got the idea for this post, but I haven't had time to sit and write it out until tonight.

I'm relatively new to audiobooks, but I've absolutely loved them for multitasking. I don't have a ton of titles, but my library has been growing steadily since getting into them last year. I've probably listened to books more than I've read this year. 

Discussion Question

Who are some narrators/performers you like listening to if you listen to audiobooks?

I'm listening to the latest Wandering Inn book (The Empress of Beasts). Andrea Parsneau is easily my favorite audiobook performer. I'm amazed at how many different voices she can do, giving each character a unique sound. She's even given character groups from various cities with different accents. I'm extremely impressed by her. She's done work on other LITRPG books, and I'd like to check them out in the future just because she's performing them. 

Another Narrator I've really enjoyed listening to is Michael David Axtell. I've read a few of the books in the Adam Binder Novels by David R. Slayton that Michael David Axtell narrates. He has a lot of voices that keep the books enjoyable. They aren't as unique as the ones Andrea does, but they are still good. 

Rosamund Pike did a narration for Pride and Prejudice, which I loved. She just has this very soothing voice that I love listening to. Rosalyn Landor, who narrated Jane Seymour by Alison Weir, also had a very calming voice. I don't know how often Rosamund Pike narrates books since she's busy with acting, but I'd definitely listen to more audiobooks narrated by her or Rosalyn Landor. 

Those are a few of the narrators I've really enjoyed. Who are some of your favorites? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!