Monday, October 31, 2016

Discussion: Happy Halloween Book Talk!

Edited 12/1/2016

Happy Halloween Ghouls and Goblins!

It's been a while since I've done a non-review post, and it's my absolute favorite holiday, so it seemed like a good time for a post. This post is going to be a hodge-podge post, so hang with me.



What did everyone dress up as? I'm a cat, meow! I'm a little bummed because we didn't have any trick-or-treaters. I always love to see their costumes.



I have a couple of Halloween-related questions for everyone! Please feel free to answer in the comments below.

1.) What is your favorite horror book?

I'll be completely honest; I do not have a response for this. For as Morbid as I am, I don't read a ton of horror. I've only read one Steven King book in my life, One Anne Rice book, and no Dean Koontz books as far as I can remember.  I haven't read any of the classics. I read a lot of paranormal, but most of them I don't even remotely consider horror. If I was forced to pick a favorite, I guess I'd have to go with the Diviners by Libba Bray. I felt it got a little creepy in some parts. It may also just be on my mind because I'm reading Lair of Dreams. There's probably a lot of fellow bookworms who just died a little. Sorry about that.  

2.) What's your favorite time of spooky character? 

I love anything that has to do with witches. I'm not sure what it is about them that has me so drawn in, but I can't get enough of the subject. When I was younger, my grandma had all these trinkets around her living room. I'd pretend that I was a witch and owned a charm shop and the trinkets were my spells. I was a weird kid, I know.

3.) What was your favorite thing you've dressed up as for Halloween?

Oh, this is a tough one. Just about every year I go as a witch (creative, I know.) I usually don't go all out on costumes because I usually just stay at home and pass out candy, but one year I went as the Mad Hatter. I went all out, and my costume was pretty amazing. I wish I  had a picture of it.



I now have some blog related questions/ thoughts for everyone. I want to try and expand this blog to more book related posts than just general questions and book reviews. I'd like it to be a little more interactive for people.

1.) I'd love to start taking suggestions on reviews readers would like to see. Have a favorite book that you want my opinion on? Tell me what it is, and I'll try to get it read (assuming I haven't already read it) and I'll get a post on it! Authors, feel free to keep sending me a request to read your book. I love connecting with you all as well!

2.) Author interviews. Hey, Authors! This one's for you. I'd love to be able to collaborate with you and interview you here on the blog. Just send me a message in the contact section.

3.) Video posts, yes or no?

4.) Suggestions on what to post. Want to ask me a question, or have thoughts you want to discuss? Send me a message and let me know. I might even let you have a guest post!

5.) Weekly themes? I've been toying around with having some different themes for different days. Let me know if there's any you'd like to see. I was thinking something like Wishlist Wednesday, but that's about all I've figured out.

I would love to get your opinions! I  want to keep improving so that this is a fun place for readers. Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Goodreads, or send me a message through the contact form.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!