Saturday, September 6, 2014

Book Review of Death's Dilemma by Candice Burnett

Goodreads Summary: Cendall, history’s first female Grim Reaper, has had one hell of a year. She has gone from the top of her class to the realm’s biggest traitor. Working with the enemy, Cendall finds herself enrolled in a human high school, protecting a soul she was originally supposed to collect.

With her powers building and feelings for a particular enemy growing stronger, Cendall must learn to control herself and navigate her emotions as the threats against her and her assignment escalate. As she begins to come to terms with the fact that a master Demon is hot on their trail, an old friend brings to light that a bounty has been placed on her head, and she is the most wanted individual in the realm.

Faced with the impossible task of defending herself and the soul she has grown to care for, Cendall must make a choice she never wanted to make and confront death’s greatest dilemma.
Goodreads Rating: 5 stars with 4 ratings
Genre Listing: Fiction, Paranormal, Grim Reapers, Fantasy, Supernatural, Death, Angels, Young Adult, Guardians, Demons
Get the Book: Amazon

Review:

Edited 12/1/2016

I don't even know where to start with this review, but this supernatural book is so fantastic. A while back I read the first book in the series, Death has a Daughter and fell in love with it. Death's Dilemma finally came out, and it was well worth the wait. It is going on my favorite shelf, along with Death has a Daughter.

Typically when I wait a while to read a sequel, I spend half the book trying to remember what happened in the last book. That wasn't the case with Death's Dilemma, though. After a few chapters I was hooked, and about 30% in it started to get really action packed.

This is going to be a short review, I have a lot to say about it, but I don't want to give out spoilers. It kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end. Cendall's transition out of the Grim Reaper world is fascinating. I can't wait until the third book comes out.

If you like Grim Reapers, Angels, and a whole lot of action (with a smidgen of romance), and haven't read Death has a Daughter, read it. Once you read Death has a Daughter, get Death's Dilemma and instantly binge on it. You will not regret it. I'm pretty sure you can get both books on Amazon for under $5.00.

I adore Cendall. She's such a badass, but she's also genuinely heroic and caring. I think one of the things I enjoyed about this book is that not only do you see her tougher side, but you also get to see her more emotional side too. She's an adamant female lead character.

The only issue I have with it is I think it could go through the editing process again. It's nothing major, but the e-book version I purchased had random symbols on a few pages, and then some of the wording seemed to be off. It wasn't anything major, though, or anything that made it annoying to read. 

Five out of Five moons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!