Thursday, June 26, 2014

Discussion: Book to Movie (or TV) Adaptations

Book Discussion Questions:

What are some of your favorite book to movie adaptations?

What are some of your least favorite book to movie adaptations?

Is there a book you'd wish would be done into a movie? 

Edited 11/24/2016
So if you want to answer these book discussion questions, feel free to include a book to TV series adaptation if need be. 
I think that for me, the Hunger Games and Catching Fire has been some of my favorite recent books to movie adaptations. I believed that for the most part, they did an excellent job with them. All, though, I'm a bit miffed (still), by Madge being cut out. I felt the movies compensated well for it, though. Also, I thought that Interview with the Vampire was well done. Admittedly this is probably the only film I prefer over the book. It's not anything against the book, I just grew up watching the movie pretty much every week with my mom, and probably saw it a hundred times before ever reading the book. I still really enjoyed the book, though. Oh! I almost forgot! The mini-series Syfy did on Terry Pratchett's Hogfather was excellent. That's actually what started me reading the Disc World Series. 
As far as movie adaptations that, I didn't like the Mortal Instruments is up there. They left so much out and rushed it way too much. Not to mention there was a lot of the other books in there that just didn't fit. The Trueblood show is up there. I stopped watching after season 2 because it was just so different from the books. I don't even want to get started on the disaster that is the Percy Jackson movie ( I assume the 2nd is just as bad, if not worse, as the 1st one).  I feel like I complain about every book to movie/ TV adaptation, but right now I'm drawing a blank.
I would like to see a House of Night movie done. However, I'm pretty sure they'll just massacre it. I think that Witch of Cologne would make an interesting TV series. 
For the most part, I find that I've either read the book but not watched the movie or watched the movie but not read the book. I need to go through and make a list of book to movie/tv adaptations and make sure I read AND watch. 
As always let me know what you think :) Also thanks to Kayla for suggesting this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!