Monday, May 9, 2022

Bookshelf Tour: Physical Books and Kindle Books!

Hello Readers! I hope everyone is doing well, and if you are a mother, had a happy Mother's Day. The husband's aunt and uncle (who we haven't seen in forever) were in the area this past week. We spent a lot of the weekend with them, which was lovely. I did manage to finish a book at some point, either last week or this weekend. I don't really remember when it was. I've been attempting to do a blog post all weekend, but it's just been busy. At this point, a lot of the details are fuzzy for me, so I'll just give a quick couple of thoughts.

The book I read was The Druid by Jeff Wheeler. I slated it for #1 on the 2022 Reading Challenge for a book under $5. It was an Amazon First Reads, so I felt like this counts. It was a shorter story, but I loved it. I thought it had an interesting magic system, and I rated it four stars on Goodreads. I only gave it four stars because there was a lot of the magic system and world that I felt needed to be better defined. I did find out that Jeff has a TON of other books, so now I'm struggling not to binge read those as I want to stick with the challenge. 

I've wanted to do this kind of post for a while now. Since I've had to move a lot, usually the first thing to get sold or donated is my physical books, as they are a pain to move. This is why I mostly gravitate towards Kindle books, don't really do the Book Haul posts anymore, and don't update those posts with what I've read. My husband and I bought our first house back in September. Shortly after Christmas, my husband and his best friend put up a couple of shelves for me in the cutouts near the fireplace. So, in pictures, here's a look at my books. I've also included the screenshots of my Kindle bookshelf, both read and unread. 

I am going to need more bookshelves at some point. My husband has taken up a hobby of going to garage sales and thrift stores and buying used video games. Do you know what else those have? Books. I have acquired so many books. The military-esq stuff is my husband's books. The rest are mine. My current organization system is by height. I try to keep the books in a series together, but there is otherwise no organization. It stresses me out if the books are not by height.








And now on to the chaos that is my Kindle, not including any Kindle Unlimited books I'm currently renting.


















So those are my bookshelves. Let me know in the comments if you think there's something I should absolutely read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!