Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Book Haul: Book Bundler Edition Volume 2

 


Hi, my name is Linz, and I have book hoarding problems. I bought another box off of the Bookbundler website. Did I need another box of books? No, absolutely not. Have I read any from the last box? Of course not, don't be ridiculous. This time I opted for the Fantasy box.  I'm not as excited about this one as I expected to be, but there are still some interesting options here.

1.) The Path of Daggers by Robert Jordan- Okay, this is just cruel. I was so excited to get a WOT book in the box and then realized that it's book 8, and the next one I need is book 4. I guess this one will be on my shelf for a while.

2.) A Magic Twilight by S.L. Farrell- this one seems interesting

3.) Interstellar movie novelization- Eh. Probably put this one up on my PBS bookshelf.

4.) Shadow Kingdoms by Robert E. Howards- Eh, Could be interesting, but not super thrilled about it.

5. and 6.) MarlFox and Mossflower by Brian Jacques - I actually think this series sounds really cute/interesting, but these books are books 2 and 3 in the series, so I'll need to hunt down the first.

7.) Writers of the Future- Could be interesting, mostly saving for if we do a short story collection on the challenge again.

8.) The Hobbit- I know it's utter Fantasy Blasphemy, but I'm not a Tolkien fan. I tried to read this a handful of times and The Lord of the Rings trilogy and just get bored every time. I've never watched the movies all of the way through because I just fall asleep. The only reason I'm even keeping this is that it's been highlighted and written in to death, and PBS won't take it.

9.) Nightmare by Piers Anthony- I'd probably keep this if it wasn't booked 6. I don't really feel like hunting down five other books to read it.

10.) Kissing Sun by Keri Arthur- Going to pass on Werewolf romance. But my Sister in Law said it sounded interesting to her, so I'll just take it with me when I go home for Thanksgiving.

Not super in love with the selections this time around, but don't hate them. I think when you buy just random mystery bags/boxes of anything, that's just a chance you have to take. I still recommend Book Bundler.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!