Thursday, August 22, 2019

Author Interview: Qourtney Bush




Hello, Readers! I am super excited to bring you my first ever Author Interview! I've wanted to do one of these for a while. However, I wasn't sure how to go about it. Luckily, I have a friend who just got published and agreed to be my first interview!

Before I get into the interview, I'd like to talk a bit about how I know Qourtney or Q as I've come to know her. Q and I briefly worked together a few years back. We were in the same training class. I had obviously seen Qourtney, but it took a few days before we spoke to one another. If I'm honest, I don't make friends easily. Most of my friends are either people I've known forever, Random people I talk to on the internet, or outgoing people who have claimed me for some reason. Qourtney is definitely in the latter group.

My first interaction with Q was at lunch one day when she asked me where I came from. The reason for this question was probably because I was quiet, eating by myself, and hadn't made any friends yet at the new job. I didn't speak up in our training class and was virtually invisible, as I typically am. I don't remember what I said, truthfully I probably had a deer in the headlights look on my face because someone noticed me. I assume what I said was something smart assy about being slow to get to know people or that once I start talking, people will wish I wouldn't.

The first thing that I noticed is Q's confidence. It kind of just radiates off of her. I quickly grasped that Qourtney knows who she is and what she's about. I admire that and am a bit envious as well. I am not naturally a confident person, but I will say in the time that I worked with her, I became a more confident individual by just being around her. The thing that I admire most about Qourtney is her honesty. She expects a lot out of her self, and that's evident with how she carries herself. She also expects a lot of those around her. She's incredibly supportive of people, but also not afraid to tell people how it is if they're wrong. I'm also incredibly proud of Q. I know that she's been through a lot in life and is an absolute fighter. I had no idea until recently that she was a writer as well, so I am incredibly honored to be able to help get the word out about her work. You can pre-order To Thee O Lord here. If you do order, be sure to select Qourtney Bush as your author. It helps her out a ton!


Linz: What is To Thee Oh Lord about?
Qourtney: It is about how eight women came to surrender or "say yes" to the call on our lives.
Notes from Linz: Here is a bit more on this, from the book's webpage- "To Thee O Lord | A Surrendered Yes" focuses on the process of getting to "Yes" - not my will but Thy will be done.. The process to accepting the call, purpose, the will, and assignment of God for your life. These authors share their story and journey to dedicated service and purpose. You will learn how they got to a place of knowing, resolve and surrender to say "Yes" to the path they were on, circumstance they encountered, and God.

Linz: What should readers know about From Huster 2 His?
Qourtney: That we should never judge a book (no pun intended, lol) by its cover.

Linz: What inspired you to become a writer?
Qourtney: I have actually been writing since I was a small child. I can recall back to when I was about eight or nine years old. I am just now publishing my work.
Linz: Have you read some of the other selections in To Thee Oh Lord? If so, what is your favorite besides yours?
Qourtney: I haven't read any other selections; however, I am eager to read "Eye Witness and "Breathe" just from the snippet we had to read in our writer's workshop.

Linz: Is there something all readers can take away from To Thee Oh Lord/ From Hustler to His, regardless of faith, and if so, what do you think that is?
Qourtney: From H2H, they can take away that no matter what it looks like to keep pushing, and we can grow through and from any of our circumstances. It's all about perspective.
Linz notes: I love this philosophy. I'm all about personal growth. (If the husband reads this he's going to make a short joke about me.)
Linz: Do you have plans to be involved in other projects like To Thee Oh Lord, or have any plans to publish a full-length book?
Qourtney: I am pondering/ may even be looking into rolling out a project or two in 2020. I have two books that I wrote while incarcerated several years ago.
Linz notes: I'm going to try and get more info on these projects. I'm guessing that if Q wanted to say more on them, she would have, but I'm definitely curious about them!

Linz: Where can readers pre-order To Thee Oh Lord, where will it be on sale once it's out?
Qourtney: Order directly from me or at www.drtuesday.net.shop Always select my name in the "Select your author" drop-down, please.

Linz: Do you have any book signings that readers can come to?
Qourtney: Book launch and signing will be September 21, 2019, from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. The address is 4040 W 71st St Indianapolis, Indiana 46268

Linz: What's something about you that you think readers should know?
Qourtney: Readers should know that I am not so holy that I am no earthly good...

Linz: What are your top three favorite books?
Qourtney: "Under New Management" by Dr. James Anthony Jackson Sr, "Runaway Jury" by John Grisham, and a trilogy by Meesha Mink and De'nesha Diamond called "Desperate Hoodwives, Shameless Hoodwives, and Hoodlife."
Linz notes: I need a John Grisham for my 2019 reading challenge, so I might have to snag Runaway Jury. 

Linz: Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Qourtney: I am a motivational speaker available for booking. I can be reached at (317) 748-8488 and or at Fromhustler2his@gmail.com. Connect on all social media outlets (Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, and IG) @Qourtneyla'trice

A big thanks to Qourtney for subjecting herself to my questioning. Please go support her work and follow her on social media!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!