Sunday, June 18, 2017

June 2017 Book Haul

I am so behind on this post. I've had these books sitting in a pile since June 3rd. I've yet to move them or even catalog them here. I'm caffeinated and cozy, so let's do this!  I made my annual trip to the Half-Priced Book Sale. This year, I went with my friend Sarah and her daughters. The trip was a lot of fun, and I realized that I read the same books as Tween.  I should probably take that as a sign I need to read more adult books, but I'm not going to. Anyways, we ended up also going to Barnes and Noble's as well, and I got stuff from their bargain table as well, because I have problems.

Book Haul:





Normally, I would post some stuff from Goodreads for my book hauls, but honestly, I'm feeling really lazy right now.  Plus this one is missing from Goodreads. It's rated 3.89 and seems to have good comments. I picked this up because it talks about a cursed amulet and treasure hunting. Sounds like it will be interesting.



I've heard a bit about this series, and it sounds interesting enough. I have a feeling it's going to be kind of cheesy, even for a kid's series. I'm still interested in it. A kidnapped fairy sounds like it could be fun. It's got average ratings on Goodreads, but a lot of readers, so we'll see how it goes! 



I used to love this movie when I was a kid, so I was ridiculously excited to find a copy of the book roaming around. Plus, it's short. Which is what I need in my life right now.  I cannot wait to read this! I really just want to sit down and read it right now, but I have a lot more books to show off, and that's not fair to Flyte by Angie Sage that I just started.
Edit: Book review of Tuck Everlasting


I picked up a biography because it involves the Tudors. I didn't realize it was a biography, but I'm going to read it just the same. I love the drama surrounding this family. It has some questionable reviews, so we'll see if it keeps my interest. I'm not great with nonfiction. 


I will be completely honest I don't really know what this one is about. I fell in love with Nora's work from one book and needed to get more so I just grabbed whatever books had a pretty cover and seemed like they were either first in the series, the entire series in one book, or a stand alone. My new philosophy for book shopping is basically just grabbing books and hoping it works out. I probably can't go wrong with this with Nora Roberts.


I did that thing I do at the annual sale where I buy some random book in a series and not the first. This is apparently the sixth book in the series. I think it should be a law that the order of the series should be printed on the book with a very large number of which it is for dingbats like me. *Sigh* Good thing one of my friends just helped me sign up for Paperbackswap.com and gifted me credits for my upcoming birthday. Oh, hey Add me on PBS http://linzthebookworm.paperbackswap.com/profile/. My profile is lacking at the moment, but I just signed up last night.



I had heard a bit about this book before, and I thought it sounded interesting. Reading the little blurb makes me think it'll be a very twisted soap opera type of book. Nothing wrong with a little drama. I liked the first Pretty Little Liars Book (I need to finish up the series) but I liked Shepard's writing style, so I think that I'll like this quite a bit.


I figured since this was the full trilogy I should go ahead and get this. That way I don't have to worry about if I'm missing one of the books. I kind of like the idea of the entire series being in one book. This was another one I just kind of grabbed up because it was Nora Roberts. We'll see how much I like it. I really just kind of grabbed at things this sale. It makes it kind of like Book Roulette.


I have no clue what this about. I didn't read the back, and I'm not going to. It's J.K. Rowling's adult fiction book. Of course, I'm going to buy it and read it. Thoughts aren't necessary, yet.


A girl raised by wolves in the 1800s and there is a slew of murdered lovers? IN. I don't even know if I need to say more about this book. There are only 800 or so ratings on this book, so I'm intrigued by it. The ratings look decent. I'm kind of excited about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!