Sunday, September 20, 2015

Book Review of Messenger by Lois Lowry

Goodreads Summary: Messenger is the masterful third novel in the Giver Quartet, which began with the dystopian bestseller The Giver, now a major motion picture.
Matty has lived in Village and flourished under the guidance of Seer, a blind man known for his special sight. Village once welcomed newcomers, but something sinister has seeped into Village and the people have voted to close it to outsiders. Matty has been invaluable as a messenger. Now he must risk everything to make one last journey through the treacherous forest with his only weapon, a power he unexpectedly discovers within himself.

Goodreads Rating: 3.88 stars with over 69,000 ratings

Genre listing: Young Adult, Dystopia, Fiction, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Children's books, Adventure

Get the book: AmazonBook Depository
My reviews on other Lois Lowry's books: Gathering BlueSon

Review: 

Edited 12/1/2016

I don't have much feeling towards the Messenger by Lois Lowry. I'm pretty glad that it was relatively short. I think it would have lost my attention if it hadn't been. I was pleased to see that this had a connection to Gathering Blue. It follows Matt around and his life with Christopher in Village. I was sad to see that all of Matt's boyish charm from Gathering Blue was gone. I found him to be very dull in Messenger.

I find myself just repeating myself in this review. There wasn't a whole lot that I liked about this book other than I could finally see a connection between the first two books. I don't even want to read Son, but I feel like I need to finish the series and see how it all ends. My guess is Leader and Kira start a life together, and it's about their offspring.

I feel like I'm cheating everyone out of a review on this one, but I don't have anything else to say on it. Sorry, readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my book blog. Please feel free to leave a comment to further or start a discussion on the book reviews and other posts. If you have a book recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!